The Kato Ballroom caters for all sort of events, offering your guests the finest dining at reasonable prices. We have a wide variety of food and beverages to choose from. However, if we are unable to provide you with the type of food you are looking for you may use a licensed caterer to service your party. All outside caterers must be certified by the State of Minnesota and room rents will be charged accordingly.
Guidelines for Using an Outside Catering Service
If you would prefer to use an outside caterer for your event, certain restrictions and fees apply:
- Room rent: Room rent will be charged at the regular rate (no waiver).
- Licensing: The caterer must be properly licensed to prepare and serve food. This license must be on file with our office before the caterer is allowed in the building . WE MUST HAVE A COPY OF THE LICENSE.
- Beverages: No beverages may be brought into the facility.
- Set-up/Clean-up: You or your caterer are required to do all set-up and clean-up of the area. This includes arranging tables in the manner you prefer and returning all tables and chairs to their original position. We charge $15.00 per man-hour if we do this set-up for you. If you bring in your own people to setup, there is no charge. Be sure your caterer is informed that they must clean up all dishes, paper, and tableware used by your guests. They must also provide their own trash bags and remove their trash from the premises. They are not allowed to use our dumpster. Your caterer will not have access to our kitchen, so be sure they are prepared to keep your food in good serving condition. If they need access to our kitchen there is a $50 per hour charge and the kitchen must be cleaned up after use. BE SURE TO BRING ADEQUATE SERVING UNTENSILS.
- Damage Deposit: We require an additional $250 damage deposit if you are using an outside caterer. We suggest you get this deposit from your caterer as this will insure that they will do the necessary clean-up. This deposit will be returned when your caterer has completed all of the necessary clean-up. The total damage deposit of $250 plus our regular $250 deposit is payable one day prior to the event. It will be returned in full when all decorations are down, the room is returned to proper order, and your caterer has fulfilled all of their duties. If we must clean-up after your caterer, we will deduct $30.00 per man hour required to complete the necessary clean-up.
- China and Glassware: We charge $2.50 per person for the rental of our silverware and glassware, this does not include the setting of any tables. We charge $3.50 per setting for china, glassware, silverware and setting of the table. All dishes must be picked up and delivered to our kitchen for cleaning.
- Staff: If your caterer does not provide staff to serve or clean up your meal, we can provide you with the appropriate number of staff at a charge of $22.00 per hour.
- Tableware: Linen table clothes are available for $4.00 each. Colored linen napkins are available for $.50 each. There is an additional $.70 per napkin charge if we fancy fold the napkins and place them on the tables. Table skirting is available (cake table $25, gift table $25, head tables $25 for first table & $10 for each additional table). If you would like lights under any skirting there is a charge of $8 per table.
Please allow us to give you a bid on your menu from another caterer. When you consider the room rent, extra charges, service, and convenience, we are sure that we will be your best choice!