The Kato Ballroom was built in 1946. It held it’s first dance on November 26, 1946. A fire started on June 10, 1952 and the ballroom burned to the ground. The Ballroom was rebuilt and reopened on February 11, 1954. The Ballroom is currently owned by Tania and James Cordes. Events are scheduled throughout the year for the enjoyment of the neighboring towns.